Irvine Valley's women's beach volleyball team started a busy week with a pair of matches against four-year universities on Monday at the Newland Street Courts in Huntington Beach.
Irvine Valley fell to Loyola Marymount, 4-1, and lost to Grand Canyon, 5-0.
The Lasers picked up a win from the team of sophomore Kayla Scheevel and freshman Carlee Roethlisberger against Loyola Marymount on court two. The IVC duo battled back from a set down to beat LMU's Jamie Lea and Lindsay Carr, 12-21, 21-15, 15-12.
Several other Irvine Valley duos also played tough against Loyola Marymount. IVC's No 1 team of sophomores Emily Reinking and Hailee Earnest lost in two tough sets, the No. 3 team of sophomore Hannah Matt and freshman Olivia Aguilar lost in three sets, the No. 4 team of freshmen Alissa Blevins and Rachael Woods fell in three sets and the No. 4 team of freshman Brittany Tuliau and sophomore Taylor Askins lost in two close sets.
Against Grand Canyon, Irvine Valley's team of Earnest and Matt fell in three sets on court two.
Grand Canyon also defeated Loyola Marymount, 3-2, in a match.
Irvine Valley is back playing in Huntington Beach on Wednesday, taking on four-year schools Concordia and Nebraska.
Loyola Marymount 4, Irvine Valley 1
1)Avery Bush/Rachelle Suaava (LMU) def. Emily Reinking/Hailee Earnest (IVC), 21-15, 21-19
2) Kayla Sheevel/Carlee Roethlisberger (IVC) def. Jamie Lea/Lindsay Carr (LMU), 12-21, 21-15, 15-12
3) Veronica Nederend/Nicky Kevorken (LMU) def. Hannah Matt/Olivia Aguilar (IVC), 16-21, 21-15, 15-13
4) LMU No. 4 def. Alissa Blevins/Rachael Woods (IVC), 21-18, 18-21, 15-12
5) Kristen Castellanos/Sara Kovac (LMU) def. Brittany Tuliau/Taylor Askins (IVC), 21-17, 21-17
Grand Canyon 5, Irvine Valley 0
1) Mackenzie Phelps /Shannon Dugan (GCU) def. Carlee Roethlisberger/Emily Reinking (IVC), 21-12, 21-11
2) Molly Turner/Aleksandra Wachowicz (GCU) def. Hailee Earnest/Hannah Matt (IVC), 21-16, 15-21, 15-6
3) Chloe Jenkins/Rebecca Conrad (GCU) def. Kayla Scheevel/Olivia Aguilar (IVC), 21-19, 21-16
4) Brooke Razo/Kami Dickerson (GCU) def. Taylor Askins/Brittany Tuliau (IVC), 21-19, 21-13
5) Jordyn Sanchez/Emilee Erichsen (GCU) def. Alyssa Blevins/Rachael Woods (IVC), 21-16, 21-13