Irvine Valley's men's tennis team saw its more than four-year Orange Empire Conference win streak snapped on Thursday afternoon at Cypress.
The Lasers, who have won four conference titles and three state championships in a row, lost, 9-0, to the Chargers.
Irvine Valley's record slipped to 2-6 overall. Cypress improved to 5-3 overall.
Irvine Valley was riding a 42-match win streak in conference. The last time the Lasers lost in the OEC was on Feb. 21, 2013 to Riverside (6-3) at home.
But Thursday's match was a lot closer than the final score, however.
IVC lost singles three matches in third-set super-tiebreakers.
And the Irvine Valley top doubles team of Bott and freshman Thallys Santos played tough, but lost, 9-7, to Cypress' duo of Alex Hagon and Johan Wennerholm.
Irvine Valley will be back in action next Tuesday, hosting Fullerton in a conference match at 2 p.m.
1) Alex Hagon (CYP) def. Michael Bott (IVC) 2-6, 6-4, (14-12)
2) Johan Wennerholm (CYP) def. Jacob Holiday (IVC) 7-6, 2-6, (10-3)
3) Jan Simon (CYP) def. Thallys Santos (IVC) 6-2, 6-4
4) Ingmar Remmerswaal (Cyp) def. William Li (IVC) 3-6, 6-1, (10-7)
5) Thomas Davies (Cyp) def. Stuart Webb (IVC) 6-0, 6-0
6) Gertjan De Wilder (Cyp) def. Alvaro Mantilla (IVC) 6-1, 6-2