Irvine Valley's women's tennis team started the SoCal Regional Playoffs with a win on Tuesday afternoon.
The top-seeded Lasers, who are making their third straight appearance in the postseason, took care of No. 8 Grossmont, 5-0.
Irvine Valley was co-champion of the Orange Empire Conference this season.
Grossmont was the second-place team out of the Pacific Coast Athletic Conference.
IVC improved its record to 11-4 overall. Grossmont ended its team season with a record of 12-6.
Irvine Valley got solid play in doubles and then racked up a couple of quick singles wins to take the match.
MacDonnell won easily in singles, 6-0, 6-0, on the sixth court and then Dreux put an end to the match with a 6-1, 6-1 win at the No. 5 spot.
Irvine Valley, which earned its second conference title in program history and is the top seed for the first time ever in the playoffs, will go up against Santa Monica in the regional semifinals next Tuesday at 3:30 p.m.
1) Sarah Mae Garcia (IVC) vs. Marcela Masaglia (GC), 6-5 unfinished
2) Samantha Paz (IVC) vs. Oksanna West (GC), 6-2, 5-1 unfinished
3) Lorna Morris (IVC) vs. Brianna Tyseling (GC), 6-0, 4-0 unfinished
4) Lou Baize (IVC) vs. Erika Childs (GC), 5-4 unfinished
5) Fiorella Dreux (IVC) def. Amanda DiGiovanni (GC), 6-1, 6-1
6) Lauren MacDonnell (IVC) def. Karina Martinez (GC), 6-0, 6-0
1) Garcia/Dreux (IVC) def. Massaglia/West (GC), 8-4
2) Baize/Morris (IVC) def. DiGiovanni/Tyseling (GC), 8-0
3) Paz/MacDonnell (IVC) def. Childs/K Benintende (GC), 8-4